close
  • Approved Use: Aimovig® is a prescription medicine used for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults.

Paying for Aimovig

Learn more about the cost of Aimovig.

We have options that may help you.

The list price of Aimovig is $603.18 per month.* Most patients do not pay the list price. Your actual cost will vary. Talk to your insurance provider.

We have resources that can help. Eligible commercially insured patients can get Aimovig free for up to 12 doses, or $5 copay per month.

Terms and conditions apply.

*List price is also referred to as wholesale acquisition cost, or WAC. WAC is the price at which Amgen sells its products to wholesalers.

Program details:

With the Aimovig Ally Access Card, an eligible commercially insured patient can receive one of the following two offers:

  • If the patient’s health plan does not cover Aimovig or requires a prior authorization, the patient can receive Aimovig free for up to 12 doses over 24 months from the date of the first prescription filled under the Bridge to Commercial Coverage Offer. See full Terms and Conditions below.
  • If Aimovig is approved by the patient’s health plan, a patient pays a $5 copay per month, up to a maximum benefit of $3500 annually. This applies to patient out-of-pocket costs, including deductible, co-insurance, and copayments for Aimovig. Patient is responsible for costs above the annual maximum. See full Terms and Conditions below.

Terms and Conditions for Bridge to Commercial Coverage Offer (“Bridge Offer”): Aimovig free for up to 12 doses over 24 months (whichever occurs first) from the first prescription filled under the Bridge Offer.

Available has a prescription, is commercially insured, and 18 years or older. This offer is not valid if patient is uninsured or receiving prescription reimbursement under any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program, such as Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, the Retiree Drug Subsidy Program, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD), or TRICARE or where prohibited by law. Cash Discount Cards and other noninsurance plans are not valid as primary under this offer. If at any time patient begins receiving coverage under any such federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program, patient will no longer be able to use this offer and patient must call 833-AIMOVIG to stop participation. By participating in this offer, patient acknowledges intent to pursue insurance coverage for Aimovig with their healthcare provider. Ongoing eligibility requires that patient has a prior authorization or medical exception denied within 90 days of first use of offer. Once insurance approval is obtained, patient is no longer eligible for this offer. No purchase necessary. This is not health insurance. Participation is not a guarantee of insurance coverage. This offer is not renewable. Valid in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the US territories. Other restrictions may apply. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice.

Terms and Conditions for Copay Offer: Pay a $5 copay per month, up to a maximum benefit of $3500 annually.

Available has a prescription, is commercially insured, and 18 years or older. This offer is not valid if patient is uninsured or receiving prescription reimbursement under any federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program, such as Medicare, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part D, the Retiree Drug Subsidy Program, Medicaid, Medigap, Veterans Affairs (VA), the Department of Defense (DoD), or TRICARE or where prohibited by law. Cash Discount Cards and other noninsurance plans are not valid as primary under this offer. If at any time patient begins receiving coverage under any such federal-, state-, or government-funded healthcare program, patient will no longer be able to use this offer and patient must call 833-AIMOVIG to stop participation. Patient may not seek reimbursement for value received from this offer from any third-party payers, including flexible spending accounts or healthcare savings accounts. This is not health insurance. Participation is not a guarantee of insurance coverage. Valid in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the US territories. Other restrictions may apply. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice. If you become aware that your health plan or pharmacy benefit manager does not allow the use of manufacturer copay support as part of your health plan design, you agree to comply with your obligations, if any, to disclose your use of the card to your insurer. This offer is ongoing and in order to remain eligible, patient must re-enroll every 12 months by visiting www.aimovigaccesscard.com or by calling 833-AIMOVIG (833-246-6844).

Select your insurance below:

  • I have private or commercial insurance

    75% of Aimovig prescriptions cost patients $5 or less per month.2,3 This number includes those where the Aimovig Ally Access Card1 was used. The remaining 25% of Aimovig prescriptions cost patients an average of $82 per month.4,5

    • 1These data are based on the Aimovig Ally Access Card paid claims data and paid claims data from national data providers for the period 4/1/2020 to 5/29/2020.
    • 2A one-month supply of Aimovig is typically administered as one injection once a month.
    • 3Eligibility criteria and limits apply. For more information about this program, see below.
    • 4These data are based on paid claims data from national data providers for the period 4/1/2020 to 5/29/2020.
    • 5Your actual cost may vary depending on your dose, insurance coverage, and eligibility for support programs. Talk to your insurance provider for specific information about your prescription coverage.

    For eligible commercially insured patients:

    Aimovig free
    for up to 12 doses
    or
    $5 copay
    per month
    Aimovig free for up to 12 doses or $5 copay per month access card
    †‡Program details and terms and conditions
    • †If the patient’s health plan does not cover Aimovig or requires a prior authorization, the patient can qualify for the Bridge to Commercial Coverage offer and receive Aimovig free for up to 12 doses over 24 months from their first fill, while pursuing approval from their health plan. No purchase necessary. Terms and conditions apply.
    • ‡If approved by the patient’s health plan to take Aimovig, a patient pays a $5 copay per month, up to a maximum benefit of $3,500 annually. This applies to patient out-of-pocket costs, including deductible, co-insurance, and copayments for Aimovig. Patient is responsible for costs above the annual maximum. Terms and conditions apply.

    Activate or get your card

    Have questions?

    Call our Aimovig Ally Care Center at 833-AIMOVIG (833-246-6844), Monday–Friday, 8am–9pm et.

  • I have Medicare or Medicaid

    69% of Medicare Aimovig prescriptions cost patients $20 or less per month,1 and the remaining 31% of Medicare Aimovig prescriptions cost patients an average of $117 per month.2-5

    • 1A one-month supply of Aimovig is typically administered as one injection once a month.
    • 2These data are based on paid claims data from national data providers for the period 5/29/2019 to 5/29/2020.
    • 3Your out-of-pocket costs can vary throughout the year depending on which phase of the Part D benefit you are currently in. Medicare Part D drug coverage is divided into four phases, each with a different cost sharing amount. Those phases are 1) Deductible, 2) Initial coverage, 3) Coverage gap, 4) Catastrophic.
    • 4These amounts may vary if you are eligible for the Extra Help program. For more information, please visit Extra Help with Medicare Prescription Drug Plan Costs from the Social Security Administration (SSA) at https://www.ssa.gov/benefits/medicare/prescriptionhelp. Accessed on July 18, 2019.
    • 5Your actual cost may vary depending on your dose and insurance coverage. Talk to your insurance provider for specific information about your prescription coverage.

    99% of Medicaid Aimovig prescriptions cost patients $10 or less per month,1 and the remaining 1% of Medicaid Aimovig prescriptions cost patients an average of $128 per month.2-4

    • 1A one-month supply of Aimovig is typically administered as one injection once a month.
    • 2These data are based on paid claims data from national data providers for the period 4/1/2020 to 5/29/2020.
    • 3Find out more about Medicaid benefits in your state, including whether you may be eligible for Medicaid at https://www.healthcare.gov/medicaid-chip/.
    • 4Your actual cost may vary depending on your dose and insurance coverage. Talk to your insurance provider for specific information about your prescription coverage.

    Patients with Medicare or Medicaid may be eligible for Aimovig coverage under their health insurance plan. To find out if you’re covered, call your insurance provider today.

  • I do not have insurance

    amgen-safety-net-foundation

    The Amgen Safety Net Foundation is an independent, nonprofit patient assistance program that provides Aimovig at no cost to qualifying patients who have a financial need and are uninsured or have insurance that excludes Aimovig.

    Take me to the Amgen
    Safety Net Foundation

Frequently asked questions

  • Where can I get Aimovig?
    You can go to most any pharmacy to fill your Aimovig prescription.
  • Do Amgen and Novartis offer a program to help lower the cost of my treatment?
    If you have commercial insurance that covers Aimovig, you may pay as little as $5 per month, up to a maximum benefit of $3,500 annually with the Aimovig Ally™ Access Card. Eligibility criteria and program limits apply.
  • How can I sign up for the
    Aimovig Ally™ Access Card?
    Learn more about the Aimovig Ally™ Access Card at www.aimovigaccesscard.com
  • Is Aimovig covered by commercial insurance?

    Everyone’s coverage is different. The best way to know if you plan covers Aimovig is to call your insurance provider or call Aimovig Ally™ at 1-833-AIMOVIG (1-833-246-6844), 8 AM-9 PM ET, Mon-Fri, and we can discuss your individual options.

  • Is Aimovig covered by federal insurance programs (Medicaid, Medicare, and Tricare?)
    Every federally insured patient’s coverage is different. The best way to know your individual options is by calling your insurance provider or our support team. Please know we are committed to identifying access to financial resources to help make Aimovig accessible to as many prescribed patients as possible. For more information, call Aimovig Ally™ at 1-833-AIMOVIG (1-833-246-6844), 8AM-9AM ET, Mon-Fri.
  • Who can I talk to if I have questions about insurance?
    Call Aimovig Ally™ at 1-833-AIMOVIG (1-833-246-6844), 8AM-9PM ET, Mon-Fri.

Contact us here

1-833-AIMOVIG (1-833-246-6844)

8AM–9PM ET, Mon–Fri

+ +

Important Safety Information

Who should not use Aimovig®?
Do not use Aimovig if you are allergic to erenumab-aooe or any ingredients in

Who should not use Aimovig? Do not use Aimovig® if you are allergic to erenumab-aooe or any ingredients in Aimovig®. Before starting Aimovig®, tell your healthcare provider (HCP) about all your medical conditions, including if you are allergic to rubber or latex, pregnant or plan to become pregnant, breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed.

 

Important Safety Information

Who should not use Aimovig®? Do not use Aimovig® if you are allergic to erenumab-aooe or any ingredients in Aimovig®. Before starting Aimovig®, tell your healthcare provider (HCP) about all your medical conditions, including if you are allergic to rubber or latex, pregnant or plan to become pregnant, breastfeeding or plan to breastfeed. Tell your HCP about all the medicines you take, including any prescription and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, or herbal supplements. What are possible side effects of Aimovig®? Aimovig® may cause serious side effects, including:
  • Allergic reactions. Allergic reactions, including rash or swelling can happen after receiving Aimovig®. This can happen within hours to days after using Aimovig®. Call your HCP or get emergency medical help right away if you have any of the following symptoms of an allergic reaction: swelling of the face, mouth, tongue or throat, or trouble breathing.
  • Constipation with serious complications. Severe constipation can happen after receiving Aimovig®. In some cases people have been hospitalized or needed surgery. Contact your HCP if you have severe constipation.
  • High blood pressure. High blood pressure or worsening of high blood pressure can happen after receiving Aimovig®. Contact your healthcare provider if you have an increase in blood pressure.
The most common side effects of Aimovig® are pain, redness, or swelling at the injection site and constipation. These are not all of the possible side effects of Aimovig®. Call your HCP for medical advice about side effects. You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit www.fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088. Click here for the full Prescribing Information and Patient Product Information.

Approved Use

Aimovig® is a prescription medicine used for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults.
References: 1. Parsabiv® (etelcalcetide) prescribing information, Amgen. 2. Data on file, Amgen; [Summary of Clinical Efficacy; 2015]. 3. Alexander ST, et al. Mol Pharmacol. 2015;88:853-865. 4. Data on file, Amgen; [Report R20130052, 2014]. 5. Chen P, et al. CPT Pharmacometrics Syst Pharmacol. 2016;5:484-494. 6. Sensipar® (cinacalcet) prescribing information, Amgen. 7. Ma JN, et al. J Pharmacol Exp Ther. 2011;337:275-284.